Software Engineer: Image Processing
VIDA is a Google Ventures and Y Combinator backed ecommerce platform that converts a creative vision into products in a matter of minutes and allows customers to purchase unique items from anywhere in the world. We manage a cutting-edge, just-in-time production process and work with over 100,000 artists from over 2,500 cities around the world. We are well-funded and growing rapidly, with tremendous opportunity ahead of us.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with expertise in Image Processing to join the team and contribute to our suite of applications & services that empower our artists to create and share their paintings & photography as fashion, accessories and more.
You’ll work with teams across VIDA on features and systems that will power our growth; researching and implementing solutions to give designers, customers and internal users the best VIDA experience possible. Our patent pending, visualization technology is just one step toward our future capabilities such as laser cutting, 3D draping and printing.
- This position will offer an opportunity to implement graphics processing for web applications and microservices that automatically create imagery. You’ll have design input on features, UX and look-and-feel of our image processing and handling. VIDA has a polyglot, microservices architecture which supports creating custom web applications, data processing pipelines and systems integrations in the language best suited for the solution. We have two primary image types: “sell shots” that appear on our public site and “templates” that are high resolution print files for vendors. This role will work directly with the Studio, Marketing and Operations teams to define and create software tools and services.
- HTML, CSS, React / Redux, Node.js, nvm, npm
- MongoDB, Docker / Compose and Kubernetes
- Web Services, Unit Testing, Integration Testing
- Ava, Mocha, Chai Http, Liquid
- Prior experience in e-commerce, design, fashion and print production
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO
- Create new paths and solutions, rather than follow what everyone else is doing
- Honest, open, respectful, and responsible
- Ambitious and hard-working
- Appreciate beautiful design and craftsmanship
- Kind and thoughtful and care about their impact in the world
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a well-funded Series A company, with previous investors including Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Universal Music Group, and Slow Ventures, amongst others. We are a group of ambitious, somewhat idealistic, highly creative, and thoughtful bunch, bringing experiences and learnings from Square, Dropbox, Stella & Dot, Zazzle, RedBubble, and Nordstrom. We’re a mission-driven company that cares about the impact we create across the globe and the legacy each of us leaves behind.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits and flexible holidays and working arrangement. We're based in West SOMA in San Francisco.